I stumbled across Fleck.com courtesy of Marjolein Hoekstra, whose CleverClogs blog I just found out about. A search revealed that Michael Arrington wrote something about Fleck not too long ago, but he wasn’t sure if it was a joke or real. The site is funny:
Welcome to Fleck.com
Web Democracy Now!
Fleck is: patent pending, world changing, paradigm shifting and user experience enhancing technology. Tagging, search, blog, AJAX and social networking, every WEB2.0 hype is covered.
We started a blog for people in the Fleck beta program and for friends, investors and partners. We don’t actually tell anything about Fleck itself there but we do keep people up-to-date with our everyday experiences.
But the company is readying a beta release for the end of March, and at that point the mystery will be revealed. I love the way the founders try to bargain to get concessions — like a place to stay — in exchange for telling what Fleck is:
…you make sure we (Boris & Patrick) have a comfortable place to sleep on march 22 in Luxembourg. We have a meeting there the next day (march 23) at 9:30 so we need a place to sleep. Yes we could just pay for a hotel but where is the adventure in that? So, here is our offer:
- You provide us with a place to sleep, for free
- We will tell you the secret behind Fleck!
- We will give you the full tour including a personal demo
- We bring something small to eat, from Amsterdam (eat, not smoke)
- You provide something to drink (beer/wine/cognac)
- You provide a simple meal (pizza, Big Mac, any kind of fastfood)
- You can ask a few friends to be present too
- You won’t tell anyone else until we tell you you can!