An ancient virus has come back to life after lying dormant for at least 30,000 years, scientists...
We join spokes together in a wheel, but it is the emptiness of the center hole that makes the wagon move.
We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want.
Bad elevator pitches
• It’s the new email
• It is like … internal Facebook / internal Twitter / etc
• it’s a driver for cultural change
• it will break down silos
Better elevator pitches
• ask questions, and get answers from across the organisation
• meet other people with common interests
• discover valuable information
• improve productivity, allowing more to be done in difficult times
Where we finally came to is the power of stories
“Let me tell you about something that came up earlier this year. We were chasing a big new customer, and they wanted detailed figures on environmental impact. The standard templates had numbers, but they were all 5 years old. So the team put out a call for help, and within 2 hours, not only did they have the right figures, but a whole new angle for the pitch was identified. On the back of this, we won the job, which was worth $100k. Without the social tools, we’d still be waiting for email responses after the deadline had passed .”