- Shattuck and Stix: Has the pace of changing technology made the purpose or meaning of particular cities, or cities in general, different for new generations, or is their essential character as places of concentrated choice something that you think remains relatively constant?
- William Gibson: The Internet, which I think of as a sort of meta-city, has made it possible for people who don't live in cities to master areas of expertise that previously required residence in a city, but I think it's still a faith in concentrated choice that drives migration to cities.
- shallify reblogged this from emergentfutures
- everythingontheinternetistrue likes this
- gonzalogeraldo likes this
- beijoseliga reblogged this from emergentfutures
- twirlyoureyesandminds likes this
- tssmid likes this
- livesunderthesea likes this
- singtothesesongs likes this
- hellokittybestfriend reblogged this from emergentfutures
- hellokittybestfriend likes this
- gavelovebutgothurt likes this
- mirkolalli reblogged this from emergentfutures
- ideatrotter reblogged this from emergentfutures
- gabemarx likes this
- ayezarqureshi reblogged this from emergentfutures
- michpalmer likes this
- techerous reblogged this from emergentfutures
- techerous likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- jheuer reblogged this from stoweboyd
- minimalmachine likes this
- urbancityzen likes this
- naranzarian likes this
- judsondunn likes this
- judsondunn reblogged this from stoweboyd
- trip46 reblogged this from stoweboyd
- deepthinking reblogged this from stoweboyd
- anyarchitectsandengineers reblogged this from stoweboyd
- papadimitriou reblogged this from stoweboyd
- stoweboyd posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. (More.)
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.
“The tendency to live in the here and now, and the failure to think through the delayed consequences of behavior, is one of the strongest...”
Mobile apps loosely joined
There are a slew of applications that are better because they use the Foursquare api and location database.