Windows 8 has failed to ebb the receding tide.
Rick Sherland of Nomura Holdings, cited by Ian King and Dina Bass in Microsoft’s Surface Tablet Is Said to Fall Short of Predictions
There is no going back for PC sales, and for the decreasing number of users that require a ‘real’ PC there are other solutions that are significantly better than Windows 8-based PCs, especially high-end, well-designed OS X-based laptops.
We are well past the time of Peak PCs, and Microsoft doesn’t really have a response. So far they have sold less that 1.5M Surface tablets since October’s launch. Apple sold over 22M iPads in the last quarter of 2012 alone.
- alexisasleep likes this
- matthewgram likes this
- justinmwhitaker said: The final nail in the Windows world will be the continued erosion of gaming to competing platforms. Valve’s Linux powered Steam Box and iOS’s continued assault on hardcore gaming chief among them. MSFT should be scared.
- bricin reblogged this from stoweboyd
- lightofdae reblogged this from stoweboyd
- techerous reblogged this from stoweboyd
- the-rifle-spiral likes this
- om likes this
- vaskevits reblogged this from stoweboyd
- altertypewriter likes this
- stoweboyd posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.
Once Yahoo! forces integration of Tumblr and Yahoo! logins I’ll deactivate.
“So here is what works. Retweet the hater’s tweet, appending the phrase “I love your passion,” or some variation. This may seem counterintuitive....”