Whatever has been planned, there are always unwanted consequences for a reason that has nothing to do with the quality of the research or with the precision of the plan, but with the very nature of action. It has never been the case that you first know and then act. You first act tentatively and then begin to know a bit more before attempting again.
Bruno Latour, cited in Innovation in Policy - NESTA & MindLab
Otherwise known as abductive reasoning, when explanatory hypotheses are formed and evaluated experimentally. This is also the core of speculative design-based reasoning.
I plan to push on the speculative design front in 2013.
- jasonkaesmith likes this
- infinity-on-trial likes this
- myscarletwoundsmile likes this
- magandayaya reblogged this from shrinkrants
- shrinkrants reblogged this from emergentdigitalpractices
- songdoresearchproject reblogged this from emergentfutures
- knowledgesponge likes this
- runningjaggedly reblogged this from emergentfutures
- latha likes this
- raygunburrito reblogged this from emergentfutures
- raygunburrito likes this
- shrinkrants likes this
- tomasglobal reblogged this from emergentfutures
- protoslacker likes this
- emergentdigitalpractices reblogged this from stoweboyd
- woodperro reblogged this from emergentfutures
- jessy24xoxo reblogged this from emergentfutures
- runningjaggedly likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- infotechiahhh reblogged this from stoweboyd
- avoidedisland likes this
- rafaelfajardo likes this
- rawjeev likes this
- vanderwal likes this
- awin74 likes this
- dionnerobertson123 reblogged this from stoweboyd
- cab1729 likes this
- wildcat2030 likes this
- chacopen55 likes this
- sethteeters likes this
- sterek101 likes this
- stoweboyd reblogged this from gordonr
- gordonr posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.