Smartphone case adds second screen to the back of your phone.
An IndieGogo campaign has launched to bring a prototype E-Ink smartphone case into mass production. ‘popSLATE’ features an always on E-Ink screen which can be customized to show pictures or information on the back of an iPhone 5.
The popSLATE case includes the latest, ruggedized, E-Ink screen, so it protects your iPhone just like any ‘dumb’ case. In fact the screen is nearly indestructible.
The screen only uses power when the image changes so it sips negligible power from the phone. We use the lightning connector for both power and data exchange. For shortcut navigation, we’re also integrating a tactile interface based upon the phone’s accelerometer. Double tap the back of your phone to cycle through images or accept Pops from your friends.
Then there’s popSLATE app on the iPhone side. You can take pictures with the camera, browse the image gallery, manage your library, connect with other users, send/receive images and messages, and Pop what you want, when you want it.
I love the idea of ‘popping’ a map or a shopping list onto the outside of my iPhone case.
- bellacatherine likes this
- kawaiilatios likes this
- filicology likes this
- youngfreeradical reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- djaienti likes this
- smiller801 likes this
- thatsjuliano reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- imnorocketscientist likes this
- fuckingfaggott likes this
- justintk reblogged this from kellybowen
- kellybowen reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- inspectra likes this
- lotsofexpillz likes this
- cibazan likes this
- orzunaa likes this
- drewish87 reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- phatboarder reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- funstuffandmore likes this
- sol--sum likes this
- crooked-zs reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- farhadg likes this
- imapeople reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- midnightoilcreative reblogged this from 8bitfuture and added:
- apeacefulrebellion reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- marxxxus likes this
- linux86 reblogged this from collegecupofjava
- linux86 likes this
- annsato likes this
- imsoconfusedrightnow reblogged this from collegecupofjava
- collegecupofjava reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- ethankyou reblogged this from 8bitfuture and added:
- ethankyou likes this
- illfiguresomethingoutsoon reblogged this from doktorsleepless
- illfiguresomethingoutsoon likes this
- doktorsleepless reblogged this from emergentfutures
- skuleton-official reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- skuleton-official likes this
- handhookedbyxd likes this
- introsoutroz likes this
- chopzz reblogged this from stoweboyd
- greystravels likes this
- bethrabbitt reblogged this from emergentfutures and added:
- forestsongs likes this
- antonius-snark reblogged this from 8bitfuture
- bearfarming reblogged this from emergentfutures
- givingaway likes this
- theurbanmonkey reblogged this from 8bitfuture and added:
- theurbanmonkey likes this
- theentropiancolonist reblogged this from logicianmagician
- theentropiancolonist likes this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. (More.)
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.
“The tendency to live in the here and now, and the failure to think through the delayed consequences of behavior, is one of the strongest...”
Mobile apps loosely joined
There are a slew of applications that are better because they use the Foursquare api and location database.