Most TVs these days are LCD. Some manufacturers have completely phased out plasma. Why? Because while plasmas look better than LCDs in your home, they don’t win the brighter-bluer battle on the showroom floor.
Pause for a moment to reflect on this tragedy—this battle of who can make the most egregiously wrong image has actually caused a superior technology to fall out of favor with manufacturers. Plasmas lost by making movies look they way they’re supposed to.
How exactly is plasma superior? For the time being anyway, plasma TVs can render much darker black levels than even the best LCDs. This is the single most important factor affecting image quality in the home, where you are likely to watch movies with at least some of the lights off. It’s also something you just plain cannot judge in a brightly-lit store.
New paragraph for effect: If you are TV shopping, just about the worst thing you can do is go look at TVs in a store.
Stu Maschwitz, Your New TV Ruins Movies
Just a bit of advice for all the folks out there shopping for TVs in stores: don’t.
- wingtipsandloafers reblogged this from writingcapital
- insideoutfox likes this
- denofcuriosity likes this
- mmg62ui35gyu24 likes this
- aahvaaaina likes this
- writingcapital reblogged this from byrdcaleb
- naranzarian likes this
- scottehoerle reblogged this from stoweboyd
- zan-el likes this
- fudgytroll reblogged this from stoweboyd
- hull-94 likes this
- blogishthing likes this
- mobdividual likes this
- pchatpin likes this
- dragoni likes this
- kassandralovesonedirection likes this
- howikicksit likes this
- howikicksit reblogged this from stoweboyd
- dipstraughtnia likes this
- cab1729 likes this
- ahandsomestark reblogged this from stoweboyd
- laziestgenius likes this
- purplegem reblogged this from stoweboyd
- stoweboyd posted this