Freestylers enter a “flow” state, which researchers described as a “complete immersion in creative activity, typified by focused self-motivation, positive emotional valence and loss of self-consciousness.” Their creative gate is wide open.
“It’s the absence of attention,” said [researchers]. “When the attention system is partially offline, you can just let things fly and let things come without critiquing, monitoring or judging them.” “It’s almost like you’re able to think faster. … You’re able to incorporate multiple perspectives without thinking about it.”
- cercandopertempo likes this
- orloswaggbucks likes this
- orloswaggbucks reblogged this from contini
- mavieenchantee reblogged this from e-x-d-e-e
- e-x-d-e-e reblogged this from ponshigu
- mysticalmermaidgemstones likes this
- ponshigu reblogged this from sunshiinedust
- sunshiinedust reblogged this from astropirate
- sunshiinedust likes this
- astropirate reblogged this from explore-blog
- myheadis-an-animal likes this
- ktupbanks likes this
- knottheory likes this
- vegetarianbacon reblogged this from puzzledpeace
- saavvyy reblogged this from infiniteinfaculties
- encyclopaediagalactica reblogged this from damnsweetpotatoes
- damnsweetpotatoes reblogged this from infiniteinfaculties
- spoiledfairyprincess likes this
- caricaturesofqueerness reblogged this from highlighteretcigarettes
- infiniteinfaculties reblogged this from puzzledpeace
- highlighteretcigarettes reblogged this from puzzledpeace
- puzzledpeace reblogged this from conjecturesandconversations
- lemonlikeliz likes this
- yourabode reblogged this from explore-blog
- sophiawallace likes this
- conjecturesandconversations reblogged this from bankuei
- amelioratewit reblogged this from pastisprologue
- rockyourcasba reblogged this from emancipatedreality
- emancipatedreality reblogged this from aztecaenrose
- eye-gee likes this
- spicyfruit likes this
- whisperscream reblogged this from classicconnoisseurs
- mavaddat likes this
- hettie likes this
- themonotonousmonster likes this
- astro-vandal likes this
- smokinmokes reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- epileptic-communism reblogged this from cannibaltartlet
- nonickolai reblogged this from hardfemmesoftfemme
- deferred reblogged this from explore-blog
- uhuruflight reblogged this from guerrillamamamedicine
- uhuruflight likes this
- discoverydays likes this
- wild-cosmia likes this
- dickensian-werewolf likes this
- tough-guy likes this
- florawildfauna likes this
- butterflymilk reblogged this from guerrillamamamedicine
- touchofpoetry likes this
- slackmcnasty reblogged this from ynannarising
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.
“I believe that in design, 30 percent dignity, 20 percent beauty and 50 percent absurdity are necessary.”— Shigeo Fukuda
New from Sigur Ros: Kveikur
And why should Boards of Canada have all the fun? Sigur Ros has a new album coming out as well, to be released the week...