Congratulations, Barack Obama: You have prevailed in the nerdiest election in the history of the American Republic.
If 2008 was about hope and change, 2012 was about data and memes. The unemployment rate. The effective tax rates. The 47 percent. The budget deficit projections. Of all things, the Reddit AMAs.
Same goes for understanding the elections. Never mind the baby-kissing, the fish fries, the bus tours and the conventions. What mattered in 2012 was data, and the tools to process it — which were so abundant, you could thankfully tune out the pundits. If it could be quantified, it was collected. If it could be collected, it was memed. If it could be memed, it was disputed. The disputes were answered with more data.
Wrath of the Math: Obama Wins Nerdiest Election Ever - Spencer Ackerman via Wired.com
I guess the ends justified the memes, this time?
- sapphireazure reblogged this from stoweboyd
- sapphireazure likes this
- courtenaybird likes this
- grinningmango reblogged this from stoweboyd
- knicko likes this
- armchairsoapbox reblogged this from stoweboyd
- salirride reblogged this from stoweboyd
- scottiek4431 likes this
- mtang likes this
- avoidedisland likes this
- maffra-man likes this
- brinkmedia likes this
- erinmr84 reblogged this from stoweboyd
- alfornia said: The end. Results were. Inevitable.
- davidaedwards reblogged this from stoweboyd
- stoweboyd posted this