Rumors have been flying about Senior Vice President of iOS Software Scott Forstall’s hurried departure from Apple. Among other misdeeds he apparently was unwilling to sign the iOS 6 Maps apology letter, leaving it to CEO Tim Cook.
From the viewpoint of someone who loves most Apple design, I am not surprised to learn that Forstall was the man behind the ugly ugly skeuomorphs in iOS and Mac OS X, like the stitched leather in Apple calendars. He and Jony Ive apparently couldn’t stand each other, and Ive will now be leading Apple’s user interface efforts.
Apple stock should shoot up on this news, but the average market analyst is unlikely to be able to parse the impact of this on Apple’s future.
- Why Firing Scott Forstall Means iOS Will Get A Lot Better (cultofmac.com)
- Apple’s Scott Forstall’s fatal mistake was not signing iOS 6 Maps apology letter: sources (theverge.com)
- Forstall Out (daringfireball.net)
- what-is-ux reblogged this from stoweboyd
- eugeniozaffagnini likes this
- rawjeev likes this
- destiny-unhinged reblogged this from emergentdigitalpractices
- emergentdigitalpractices reblogged this from stoweboyd
- fudgytroll reblogged this from stoweboyd
- armchairsoapbox reblogged this from stoweboyd
- ianlucero likes this
- davidaedwards reblogged this from stoweboyd
- stoweboyd posted this