Laura Dineen of Bloom Social Business wrote some great notes about the event, and came up with this diagram and extremely condensed synopsis of what Paul Greenberg and I discussed there.
#PivotCon kicked off perfectly with Stowe Boyd and Paul Greenberg setting the scene for the whole two days ahead. Things have changed in profound ways and we’re now living in the postnormal – a world that’s changed but hasn’t caught up to us yet. For leaders this is scary and uncertain (VUCA), which makes it difficult to make decisions, and difficult to use existing data to plan for the future. Organisations are closed with big bad departmental silos, whilst employees are disengaged and lack shared vision.
The disengaged employee is actually the 4D of the 3D workforce: distributed, discontinuous, decentralized and increasingly disengaged from the business.
Laura has made a real contribution with her diagrams. (Maybe I should talk to her about creating more for my Beyond Social book?)
Go read all of her notes on Pivot: it’s a great synopsis.
Oh, and I found this doodle of Paul Greenberg and me talking, by TheRealDanMeth:
- Leadership In A Social Era: Notes From #Pivotcon (stoweboyd.com)
- Meaning: Stowe Boyd on Postnormal Culture (onemanandhisblog.com)
- Leadership and Vision at #PivotCon 2012 (spiral16.com)
- atsoukalidis likes this
- itsallmybusiness reblogged this from stoweboyd
- kdnewman reblogged this from emergentfutures
- fredericw reblogged this from stoweboyd
- contini likes this
- moviebully likes this
- mygenerate reblogged this from emergentfutures
- ebex likes this
- worsethandetroit likes this
- brysmi likes this
- conrad-johnson likes this
- rori5000 reblogged this from emergentfutures
- rori5000 likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- jaamen likes this
- counti8 likes this
- dragoni likes this
- mjk1996 reblogged this from stoweboyd
- protoslacker likes this
- stoweboyd posted this