For Some Drivers, an Electric Motorcycle Could Be the Best of Both Worlds- Brian X Chen via NY Times
Zipping around on a motorcycle can be fun, but being in a downpour or an accident on one is not. Driving a car is safer and more comfortable, but traffic and parking can be annoying.
What if you got rid of the bad parts of both?
You might end up with something like the C-1, an electric motorcycle that looks as if it came out of the movie “Tron.” For protection, the bike is encased in a metal shell, and it is controlled like a car, with a steering wheel and foot pedals. Two big gyroscopes under the floor are designed to keep it from tipping over, even when a car hits it from the side. The C-1’s top speed is 120 miles an hour, and it can travel 200 miles on a full charge.
- Students designing an omnidirectional sphere-wheeled electric motorcycle (gizmag.com)
- Carbon-Fibered Electric Motorcycle to Be Tesla of Electric Motorcycles? (bfreenews.com)
- The Fastest Electric Motorcycle Is Also the Most Practical (wired.com)
- 2013 Zero Motorcycles Lineup Has More Range, Twice The Power (gas2.org)
- dqdbpb likes this
- sci-bsiokbe reblogged this from wildcat2030
- keendrick23 likes this
- akolatroniik-37 reblogged this from wildcat2030
- blogishthing reblogged this from stoweboyd
- webcommdesigns reblogged this from gbieger
- dreamingofpolarbears likes this
- theaesir likes this
- dayanararisanty reblogged this from stoweboyd
- weareallfuckingawesome reblogged this from wildcat2030
- intellectualconsilience likes this
- filthforfree likes this
- vashthemisunderstood likes this
- sidou-sid likes this
- discosherpa likes this
- vforvic likes this
- terenadawn reblogged this from wildcat2030
- voxlea likes this
- voxlea reblogged this from themajesticspaceduck
- reflectionsinbinary reblogged this from joshbyard
- polarizon likes this
- lowspark13 reblogged this from themajesticspaceduck
- the-dark-shriner likes this
- the-dark-shriner reblogged this from joshbyard
- nst-online likes this
- internetgangstar likes this
- bennybenbennn reblogged this from wildcat2030
- apdaydreams likes this
- drwlee likes this
- blaaargh likes this
- eisherbst likes this
- esotericalesbians reblogged this from wildcat2030
- hi-im-liran reblogged this from joshbyard
- hi-im-liran likes this
- jacktheghost reblogged this from archivistrewind
- jacktheghost likes this
- whatshallwedo likes this
- tonysteward likes this
- aloh0mora likes this
- ranaeruiz likes this
- itskattt reblogged this from stoweboyd
- louisjohnd likes this
- ctelenku reblogged this from joshbyard
- destinedreign reblogged this from wildcat2030
- joshbyard reblogged this from stoweboyd and added:
- destinedreign likes this
- blogishthing likes this
- annthynguyen likes this
- drakneth reblogged this from stoweboyd
- froladriel reblogged this from wildcat2030
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.