What Will Matter In The Future? My talk from the recent Startupfest in Montreal.
From the description:
We have to have some idea of the world we are headed for sowhat we do will matter. It makes no sense to build a better mousetrap unless there will still be mice to trap. In this session, Stowe Boyd will explore some deep trends to help today’s startup entrepreneurs head in a profitable direction, like these:
- It is the business of the future to be dangerous
- Whatever the Web touches, it consumes
- Technology is everything that was invented after you were thirteen
- The next frontier will be the ruins of the unsustainable
- The central economic imperative of the new economy is to amplify relationships.
- chemistrypower likes this
- kyliehawkes likes this
- zadill likes this
- zkicomm likes this
- global-culture likes this
- honorthytailor likes this
- thelastthiefleft likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- cymanetwork reblogged this from stoweboyd
- cymanetwork likes this
- opentoideas likes this
- noobftw reblogged this from futuresagency
- futuresagency reblogged this from stoweboyd
- worthingtonwire likes this
- titswhipsnspliffs likes this
- thepete reblogged this from stoweboyd and added:
- kenyatta likes this
- futurist-foresight likes this
- stoweboyd posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.