Cloud Computing 2020 Futurecast - Fred McClimans, Alan Dickenson, and I spoke about the future of cloud computing.
I make the point that the first-order benefits — reducing the cost of today’s IT — will be irrelevant by the time that the second-order benefits of the cloud become obvious.
Imagine systems that are based on analysis of petabytes of social data exhaust in combination with new computing models based on social network analysis and influence, as just one area.
There’s a lot of interesting stuff here.
- futuresagency reblogged this from stoweboyd
- theonecalledbiz reblogged this from emergentfutures
- ebex likes this
- iamkenney reblogged this from emergentfutures and added:
- iamkenney likes this
- fathermercer likes this
- josephstoddart likes this
- wtfyolo6969 reblogged this from emergentfutures and added:
- ghostdeal likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- futuristgerd likes this
- techerous likes this
- danlblack likes this
- This was featured in #Tech
- jestone likes this
- stoweboyd posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.