According to analytics firm Flurry, the adoption rate of iOS and Android devices has now surpassed all other consumer technologies in history. Smartphones and tablets are being adopted at a rate 10 times faster than PCs from the 1980s, two times faster than the Internet in the 1990s, and three times faster than the current social networking boom.
Mobile. Personal computing. PCs, internet and social networking – smartphones are a perfect storm of all three.
- vonlinebarbershop likes this
- abdielrulz reblogged this from stoweboyd
- kennedy32 likes this
- tina-rabia reblogged this from digithoughts
- marketingdarwinism reblogged this from digithoughts and added:
- moorepcc reblogged this from stoweboyd
- mlearninghub likes this
- syedalifarazkazmi likes this
- donnieataskmpa reblogged this from stoweboyd
- vacantski reblogged this from stoweboyd
- vacantski likes this
- stoweboyd reblogged this from digithoughts
- exposurestudio likes this
- kogetodots reblogged this from digithoughts
- fromand likes this
- digithoughts posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.