Tumblr has introduced a new way to promote posts: pinning it on other people’s dashboard, which means it will show up at the top of every page in your follower’s dashboards.
Hmm. Sounds like spam.
As Whitneymcn says:
This doesn’t feel like a good idea.
Still, it’s worth five bucks to try it out. Which is to say that I’m paying $5 to have this post stuck on your dashboard, not mine, for the several seconds it takes to un-pin it.
I’ve been plenty wrong about stuff like this over the years, but this doesn’t feel like a good idea.
It would be better if a post became pinned because a lot of people liked it, or was based on some other emergent property, not just payola. I bet ‘pinola’ will change pretty quickly to something else.Blog comments powered by Disqus
- iycrmm likes this
- futuristgerd likes this
- awkwardpromkid likes this
- alexiiscache reblogged this from stoweboyd
- boogleloo reblogged this from stoweboyd
- doodlersrevue likes this
- internet-haze said: Didn’t you mean posts instead of tweets ? :)
- kixka likes this
- a-miraa likes this
- raadhini reblogged this from underpaidgenius
- underpaidgenius reblogged this from stoweboyd
- stoweboyd posted this