Honda equips an FCX Clarity with a mobile power supply system and reveals a new solar-powered hydrogen-fueling station in Japan.
A story from FuelCellToday shows how Honda has turned the FCX Clarity into a zero emissions electric generator on wheels. The auto manufacturer outfitted the hydrogen fuel cell vehicle with a mobile power supply system, enabling the car to provide 9 kilowatts of electricity continuously for more than seven hours on a full tank of hydrogen at peak generation. At the lower-generation rates needed to power a typical home in Japan, the FCX Clarity could provide electricity for six days.
Nissan and Mitsubishi also have vehicle-to-home power systems, albeit with smaller energy capacities. These systems can be used in emergency power outage situations or to offset the cost of electricity during peak use hours.
So, I buy a Honda FCX Clarity, and I can use it to power my house in a blackout? Or power a rave out in the woods? Or power a food cart’s refrigerators? Or run an air conditioner in a tent while camping in the woods? Very sweet.
- shortcutss reblogged this from smarterplanet
- chiyozi likes this
- chiyozi reblogged this from smarterplanet
- adtd79 likes this
- thoughtportrait likes this
- thelynchpinwithin likes this
- kevinbarbee reblogged this from electricpower and added:
- anime-hentai likes this
- handfullofbutts likes this
- dashboardmatchup likes this
- thefutureunbound reblogged this from smarterplanet
- thefutureunbound likes this
- jakejasko reblogged this from smarterplanet
- messel reblogged this from stoweboyd
- messel likes this
- mdikdan likes this
- nohetero likes this
- imathugasian likes this
- unfurling likes this
- joeydaytona likes this
- electricpower reblogged this from smarterplanet
- thunder-nipples reblogged this from smarterplanet
- whenimreallyathundacat reblogged this from smarterplanet
- briannocito reblogged this from futurescope
- fuckthefearturkey reblogged this from smarterplanet
- goldenchance reblogged this from industrialpunk
- morningorgan reblogged this from hcdragon
- morningorgan likes this
- johnjohnpr3 reblogged this from futurescope
- johnjohnpr3 likes this
- jacobmorse likes this
- sonotorious-so-infamous likes this
- will5nevercome likes this
- futurescope reblogged this from smarterplanet
- whisperoftheshot likes this
- disturbingsmile reblogged this from hcdragon
- allofmyhate likes this
- whoopthis likes this
- cheerskitty likes this
- j0sh6 reblogged this from smarterplanet
- j0sh6 likes this
- smartpeopleclub reblogged this from smarterplanet
- buschsystems likes this
- nominus-expers likes this
- kevinatlast reblogged this from smarterplanet
- kevinatlast likes this
- therelativeunknown likes this
- greenfuturist reblogged this from futuresagency
- fromegotoeco reblogged this from futuresagency and added:
- kineticallyunstable reblogged this from smarterplanet
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.