Trying to recreate the scarcity of content that used to exist in print — when media outlets controlled not only the creation of news but the platforms through which it was distributed — by using paywalls and subscription apps is fundamentally a losing battle. Many users want that content to be part of a larger digital experience, whether it’s through an aggregation app like Flipboard or through Facebook or Twitter. If your content is not designed to take advantage of that, you will be missing a larger and larger proportion of the audience you need.
Mathew Ingram, responding to new research from Pew, in If you have news, it will be aggregated and/or curated via GigaOM
- anime-hentai likes this
- namosays reblogged this from futuristgerd
- rafaelmarxuach reblogged this from emergentfutures
- thenagainmaybeitsme reblogged this from emergentfutures
- agencycreative likes this
- theconsciousrepublic reblogged this from emergentfutures
- senslesssimian likes this
- opir likes this
- higherthanmost1 reblogged this from emergentfutures
- ofletters reblogged this from emergentfutures
- khoriwalkerjohn reblogged this from emergentfutures
- officefordesignoperations reblogged this from emergentfutures
- officefordesignoperations likes this
- darkthoughtsbrightideas likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- greggyour reblogged this from stoweboyd
- occupywallsheet reblogged this from stoweboyd
- namosays likes this
- digitalspark likes this
- futuristgerd reblogged this from stoweboyd
- fontgoddess likes this
- thenelsontwins reblogged this from crazyforcheesecake
- thenelsontwins likes this
- crazyforcheesecake reblogged this from stoweboyd
- crazyforcheesecake likes this
- unknown20troper reblogged this from ahandsomestark
- ahandsomestark reblogged this from stoweboyd
- realcleverscience likes this
- This was featured in #Tech
- marksbirch likes this
- clemauyeung likes this
- stoweboyd posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.