To me Facebook already feels over. I really don’t feel like I’m missing anything. Look at it this way. There’s lots of stuff going on right now that I’m not part of. That’s the way it goes. Me and Facebook are over. It’s going to stay that way. And if I’m on a ship that’s sinking, well I’ve had a good run, and I can afford to go down with the ship, along with people who share my values. It’s a cause, I’ve discovered, that’s worth giving something up for. #
- Dave Winer, Scoble: I’ll go down with the ship via Scripting News
Facebook is the new AOL, despite the market cap. But it’s headed for a hard landing for other reasons than Winer is pushing. Facebook will fail because of the imminent rise of social operating systems — future versions of iOS, Mac OS X, and Android — which will break the Facebook monolith to bits.
- crazygm reblogged this from emergentfutures
- bikyclist likes this
- trijbergin likes this
- jonathanwallace3 likes this
- mdiabi reblogged this from emergentfutures
- zonedx likes this
- djdeepthought reblogged this from emergentfutures
- joshpangan reblogged this from emergentfutures
- themodernworld likes this
- taylordesort likes this
- michaelkerner likes this
- mumblelard likes this
- gigs-to-go likes this
- ummok likes this
- senslesssimian likes this
- christinebeardsell likes this
- sunshine001100 likes this
- flour-scent-adolescent reblogged this from emergentfutures
- go2adrian likes this
- someyes likes this
- embrace0insanity likes this
- eyesonyou37 likes this
- justinherrick likes this
- lydiadrewbarber likes this
- cristian-garcia reblogged this from emergentfutures
- elusivemusings likes this
- geodetea likes this
- mikiyaka reblogged this from emergentfutures
- long-name-here likes this
- xhoneywell likes this
- shorthairedgirl likes this
- thegrumpyowl reblogged this from emergentfutures
- trill-arnett reblogged this from emergentfutures
- logicianmagician reblogged this from emergentfutures
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd
- digitalgoverning said: I seriously doubt it. I expect that Facebook will continue to evolve, gain members and continue to increase time on site. Management is superb and the IPO will afford the company huge funds and a high stock price to acquire new companies.
- naranzarian likes this
- caradinley likes this
- hereandthereeverywhere reblogged this from stoweboyd
- andreucastellano likes this
- amatomas likes this
- runningjaggedly likes this
- justiceman reblogged this from stoweboyd
- mdt likes this
- deepthinking reblogged this from stoweboyd
- deepthinking likes this
- boku-wa-weaboo-janai reblogged this from stoweboyd
- tsparks likes this
- protoslacker likes this
- dragoni likes this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.