Tumblr launches ‘highlighted posts’.
from Tumblr Staff Blog:
Introducing: Highlighted Posts
Every now and then, a post comes along that’s meant for big things. It could be pulling the wraps off your new project, promoting your next show, raising awareness for a cause, or just sharing a truly incredible photo.
Today you’ll have a new option to Highlight those extra-important posts. For one dollar, your post will stand out in the Dashboard with a customizable sticker to make sure your followers take notice!
MG Siegel thinks its a good idea. I guess I am ambivalent, and I will have to see what strange interactions highlighted posts might have with other Tumblr features, like Explore and reblogging.
Note that I don’t seem to have access to this new feature yet, or I would have highlighted this post.
- anime-hentai likes this
- urasquare likes this
- viewpointhg9d likes this
- chuchscoop reblogged this from stoweboyd and added:
- tunistar reblogged this from stoweboyd
- criswellkaylee likes this
- alanaloretta likes this
- white-info likes this
- tomorrowold likes this
- emma-soooooo-cuteee reblogged this from stoweboyd
- emma-soooooo-cuteee likes this
- 0dddd likes this
- scstech likes this
- jt97 likes this
- macarenomarco likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from stoweboyd and added:
- This was featured in #Tech
- mostlymuppet likes this
- mdt said: MG is on the money about getting those credit cards on file… That’s the key thing this helps open up further. And Tumblr’s already been quite crafty about collecting CCs via various charitable donations.
- david-noel said: Siegler, not Siegel ;)
- stoweboyd posted this
Web anthropologist, futurist, author. My focus is the future, and the tectonic forces pushing business, media, and society into an unclear and accelerating future. more.
Working on longer format projects, Sign up for the newsletter.
GigaOM Research analyst and curator.
Also writing beaconstreets.com.
Contact me. or ask me a question.
My Vizify profile.
Once Yahoo! forces integration of Tumblr and Yahoo! logins I’ll deactivate.
“So here is what works. Retweet the hater’s tweet, appending the phrase “I love your passion,” or some variation. This may seem counterintuitive....”