To not appear on Techmeme, do this:
– Write enigmatic headlines. Omit key details in your headline.
– Bury the most important part of your story near the end of the piece.
– Paywall your story.
– Omit links to stories previously appearing on other news sites that you’re clearly referencing or using as source material.
– Fail to update your story if the facts are rapidly developing.
– Write a 10% more thoughtful post on a story, but 8 hours later than everyone else.
– Post something crappier than everyone else’s take 90 seconds before everyone else.
– Intelligently and exhaustively report on something that’s entirely old news and well-understood to Techmeme readers.
– Write about something arcane without illuminating its greater significance.
– Have factual errors, egregious spelling or grammar mistakes.
Gabe Rivera, Revealed: Why Techmeme links to them instead of you!